Meriden Parks and Recreation
Skip to nav
Bulky Waste Curbside Collection
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
NO MORE SPACE AVAILABLE-CHECK BACK IN THE FALL!!
From January 11th, 2022 to March 15th, 2022 on Tuesdays only, qualified residential properties will have the opportunity to schedule the collection of approved bulky items. (See files below for a list of some of the approved and unapproved items.)
---$40 non-refundable fee for this service.
By Appointment ONLY
TERMS FOR BULKY WASTE PICKUP
- Limit of eight (8) items per pick up.
- All items must be placed on the curb in front of the residence no earlier than 4:00 p.m. the preceding day, and no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of the pickup.
- All items need to be easily accessible and fit in back of a pickup truck.
- Bulky waste items are usually too large to fit in your trash cart like a stuffed chair or a mattress. Often they are items that cannot burn, like a sink.
- No hazardous or toxic waste like paint, motor oil, asbestos, or lead paint chips.
- We will take up to four (4) tires (without rims) and that would count as 4 of your 8 items for disposal.
- We will pick up clean mattresses and box springs. A mattress and box spring count as two (2) items.
- No loose wood.
- No garbage (food and kitchen waste) or any trash bags or bagged items such as bags of clothing, bags of toys, etc.
- NO propane tanks.
- NO Automobile parts, bodies, doors, driver trains, motorcycles or parts, lawn mowers or parts and other similar items.
- We will only take the eight (8) items listed on your application.
- If more items are put out, they will be left on the curb.
- Two people must be able to carry the item, items to heavy will be left on the curb.
- $40.00 service charge is non-refundable. under any circumstances!